Friday, June 22, 2012

{FO} Ulhuru Sunset

Rather than do one large post for all of the knitting I've been doing since I last, last updated my blog I'm going to do individual posts here and there.  In no specific order.




I finally finished my Multnomah shawl and love it.  It is a little smaller than I had wanted - I had made the smaller size because I didn't have enough yarn to make the full size...but I think when I finished it I could have added a few more rows.  Either way, it is beautiful and I love the colors.  I may re-block more aggressively. 


Poorly lit and Instagramtastic 



For current works on the needles I only have two.  I'm participating in my very first Mystery Knit Along - Wendy Knit's Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl KAL 2012.  It is many firsts for me: first lace shawl, first MKAL, and first time working with beads.  I am using some super squishy beautiful Cascade 150 Heritage Sock yarn for it.  See poorly lighted swatch on the left.  


Clue 1 was released on the 20th, and I'm almost done with it.  Adding the beads is slow going, but pretty.  There is a lot of stitches, since it is a bottom up shawl, and I'm thinking I will probably fall behind on the clues, but i'm not too worried.  Just going to knit my best and pray for the best. 


I am also working on Nate's alpaca scarf.  With the yarn we bought in September during our 9 year anniversary.  I'm hoping to finish it by the time our 10 year anniversary comes up :)  I'm actually surprised at the amount of knitting I'm getting out of this yarn...I still am only on the first skein.  Hopefully we will not need to make an emergency trip to Maine! I do not have a picture of this item yet. 



4 comments:

  1. it's good to see you back and your shawl is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shawlette. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color for the Multmonah! I have never done a mystery KAL- it looks so fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl looks kovely in that yarn. And I like the little swatch of mystries! Looks even mysterious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy