Sunday, April 29, 2012

Feather and Fan Until the Cows Come Home

My multnomah shawl is almost done! I just started repeat 9....only one more to go! I am looking forward to finishing this so I can start something new. I feel like I've been knitting this f.o.r.e.v.e.r.  Granted...I did get into a car accident and put it up for awhile. But still. F.O.R.E.V.E.R. 

Right now it is looking a little scrawny, but I'm fairly confident that it will grow when I block it.  Besides the pattern being pretty easy and memorable, I am bored knitting this.  There are just so many stitches per row - it takes a good 30+ minutes per row! So even though a repeat is only 4 rows....it takes forever. 

I am trying to think of what I want to knit after this.  I'm thinking a purple ruffle scarf for my friend Sadie for sure (read: I already bought the yarn).  I joined another swap with the Danger Crafts group on Rav so there will be whatever pattern I decide on.  And then....I'm thinking of tackling my first sweater.  Rachel gave me three skeins of pretty green Mirasol yarn and I'm thinking maybe I might try Tiny Tea Leaves for my niece Anna.  We shall see.  

3 comments:

  1. It's looking great, I love the colour. And it's looking always exciting when you get close to the end of a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feather and Fan, while totally lovely, does get so boring. I had a shawl for a friend that was completely in F&F....took me over a year to do because I kept getting bored with it.

    It looks lovely, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're shall is looking lovely,I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy