Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Countdown to Stitches East

A week from today, me and my knitting friend Jackie will be hitting up Hartford for Stitches East.  I cannot even begin to tell you how very excited I am - literally have been counting down the days since August 1st when we made the plans.  I have been a good girl, and placing some monies away in my Super Monkey piggy bank for the sole purpose of budgeting myself while there...and I'm pretty sure Nate will be unhappy if I can't make my half of rent for November, but have a lot of yarn instead.  

We didn't sign up for any of the classes, but rather I am looking forward to the marketplace and shwag. My knitting bag has a ton of little pins I've picked up from various places. I have a Rhody Yarn Crawl pin, and a Keep Calm Carry Yarn pin from Slipped Stitch Studios. I'm hoping to add to this collection :) 

Some of the booths I'm especially excited for:
  • The Concession Stand 
    • I am a person driven by my stomach...so it's best that I check this out early and load up on fries to fuel me.
  • Halos of Hope
    • I'm HOPING to make up a hat to donate....but realistically, I'm not sure if I will be able to :( So, I'm hoping to be able to drop off something and if not, make a donation
  • String Theory Yarn
    • I fell in love with their yarn on my camping trip up to Bar Harbor, and I'm sad I didn't pick up any
  • Knit Princess
    • A Knitting Comic Book!!!!!!!!
  • Della Q
    • I am beginning to need a pretty needle case for my fixed circular needles
  • Decadent Fibers
    • From my friend Kari's hometown and their hand dyed yarns are pretty


 

4 comments:

  1. Me, too! I was still hoping to get there, but looks doubtful. Bring back lots of info and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - thanks for the tip on String Theory yarn. Am ordering the Caper Sock yarn. Although, come to think of it, my husband and my grocery budget probably won't be that happy about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kathleen - I know, that's what I do too...I just run my fingers over everything and try to not bankrupt myself. I hope your mom had fun at Rhinebeck!

    @ Julie - I will :D I already forewarned my friend that I would be bringing the camera and would be going nuts. If you wind up making it, let me know and I'll keep my eyes open for you :) LOL and enjoy the new yarn!!! Let me know how it knits up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous. I thought about committing to go and ordering the ticket, but I am in a new job and wondered about taking a day or two off so early in the game. I wish I were going, but as you say the budget has priority and the stash is already overflowing out of the closet and along the edge of my bed.... I need to cast on what I picked up on eBay this spring.
    Please please think of us as Cinderellas back at the hearth and snaps loads of photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Amy